Monday, March 14, 2011

A Week Worth Learning From


















A week off. Well, my definition of off. I did not run, bike or swim once in 7 straight days. I did do yoga, play basketball, lift weights, hike, walk the dogs, do my taxes, pick up the yard, post items on ebay and craigs list, have coffee with a friend, have breakfast with a friend, spend time with my sister, celebrate my mom's birthday, go out to eat, cook amazingly tasty food, spend too much time on facebook.

I took deep breaths and got on the scale every day still with my eyes shut. Overall I gained a whole entire whopping pound. Interesting. I couldn't just do nothing however, I still had to move. But moving became just doing and accomplishing. I was tired from doing "nothing." I expected to not be able to fall asleep. On the contrary I probably slept better.

I made time to go hiking with Dreamer! What a treat that was. I didn't even wuss out from the cold. I am so glad I didn't. What a gorgeous day. The clouds did not disappoint. We were in them, above them and below them. While all of Denver was engulfed in clouds we were hiking above them. At the peak we looked down on a cloudy Denver at a beautiful sunny cloudscape. I was in awe at the stretch of hogback ridge running north and south. It looks like the Loch Ness Monster with bits of it's body in and out of the water. I was so grateful to be able to have had such a gorgeous day with such an amazing friend.

But the week is over and I was back to running and biking today. I rode out to Morrison and Red Rocks to revisit my playground from yesterday. This may possibly be my new found love. I rode it with a new found appreciation today though.

My playground is vast.

No comments:

Post a Comment